Monday, February 25, 2008

"Bliss" Assignment

Just to give a little background about before getting into something I really enjoy doing, I tend to me more of a loner. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy being around friends, meeting new people, and investing in lots of relationships (take my word for it, I do). But, God wired me up to be able to enjoy being by myself. I could take a full day, work on creative projects, reflect on my life, take care of business, and do other things all by myself and be fine with it. A lot of people would go nuts if they were alone for a day. I could also be on the other extreme and be around lots of people all day and be fine with it (which normally I am).

That being said, something I also really really enjoy is music. Namely, instrumental music. I love music that makes me think deeply about God, my life, and other deep issues. I actually love to create this music. The awesome thing about creating instrumental/electronic music is that I can make it sound exactly the way I want it to. There are many songs that other artists have made that would suit this same description, but I love being able to control the effect that the song has on me.

So, the event or activity that I really enjoy doing is getting away to create instrumental music that I really enjoy. This is what I did for my assignment. I got away a created a new track. It turned out to be pretty good I think. It sounds a lot like something you would hear in a movie, mainly because of the string and piano melodies. It's not one of my best works, but I really enjoyed the process of it and am glad that I did. I actually started on another track first, but scrapped it and started on this one because I didn't like it (something that I usually do).

No comments: